Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
For more information
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Once verified please visit the Brookside administration office and provide the following original documentation listed below in order to be given an enrolment form.
- Proof of Birth: Birth Certificate or Passport and proof of guardianship
- Proof of Residency: utility account (Gas or Electricity) or Lease Agreement
- School Entry Immunisation History Statement from the (AIR) Australian Immunisation Register with the updated immunisations received. This can be obtained by using your Medicare online account through myGOV or Express Plus Medicare mobile app or your local Medicare or by calling the AIR enquiries on 1800 653 809
- Visa Documentation
If your child is commencing Year 7 in 2023, the enrolment process is different and is processed through your child’s primary school known as Year 6 to 7 Transition
- Proof of Birth: Birth Certificate, Passport and proof of guardianship
- Proof of Residency: utility account of residential address (Gas or Electricity), Lease Agreement
- School Entry Immunisation History Statement
- Any Court Orders
- Visa Documentation
- Previous School Report
Once your child’s enrolment has been confirmed you will be given an Enrolment Form which needs to be returned with documents requested on the Enrolment Form. The type of information that you will be asked to provide to the College includes:
- names and addresses of the child and parents, guardians and carers
- parents’ phone numbers (home, work, mobile) and email addresses
- names and contact details of emergency contacts
- doctor’s name and phone numbers.
- health and welfare information (for example, does your child have asthma, diabetes, allergies, poor eyesight or hearing, specific custody arrangements)
- information about the language/s your child speaks and hears (to help the school build on your child’s knowledge).
If your family moves into Caroline Springs, please contact the College on 7379 1555 or email Brookside.firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if you reside within the designated neighbourhood area for Brookside College.
Brookside College is accepting enrolments for Prep 2023. Children must be 5 years of age or older by 30 April of the year they start school. Please contact The Student Enrolment Officer on 7379 1555 to verify if you are residing within the Brookside College zone, alternatively, you can email the college on email@example.com.
Virtual Q&A Sessions
Brookside College is offering Q&A sessions for prospective families who are interested in enrolling their child into Prep for 2023. The session is an opportunity to receive information about our school and to ask questions. The Q&A session will be conducted via Zoom on the following dates:
- Wednesday 17 August 1:45pm-2:15pm
- Wednesday 17 August 6:00pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday 24 August 1:45pm-2:15pm
- Wednesday 24 August 6:00pm-6:30pm
To register for any of the above sessions, please click on this link
At Brookside College we use digital technologies to ensure our learners are future ready. In 2022, Year 7 students and new Year 8 & 9 students will have the opportunity to participate in a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program. Students will need to demonstrate commitment to being a responsible learner. This means meeting attendance and punctuality standards and using the device in strict accordance with the College’s ICT Acceptable Use Policy. The BYOD program provides an opportunity for our students to enter a new world of curriculum possibilities, allowing engagement and involvement in their learning.
We are now offering school tours for prospective families who are interested in enrolling their child/children at Brookside College, especially for Prep and Year 7 for 2023.
School tours will be offered on a Friday morning from 9:30am-10:00am on the following dates:
- July 15
- July 29
- August 26
If you are interested in attending a school tour, please complete our online registration form by clicking on this link.
Once you have registered for a tour, you will receive a courtesy email just prior to your school tour date detailing instruction where to meet etc.