Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
For more information
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Once verified please visit the Brookside administration office and provide the following original documentation listed below in order to be given an enrolment form.
- Proof of Birth: Birth Certificate or Passport and proof of guardianship
- Proof of Residency: utility account (Gas or Electricity) or Lease Agreement
- School Entry Immunisation History Statement from the (AIR) Australian Immunisation Register with the updated immunisations received. This can be obtained by using your Medicare online account through myGOV or Express Plus Medicare mobile app or your local Medicare or by calling the AIR enquiries on 1800 653 809
- Visa Documentation
If your child is commencing Year 7 in 2022, the enrolment process is different and is processed through your child’s primary school known as Year 6 to 7 Transition
For all other year level enrolments for 2021/22 please complete an Expression of Interest form and submit them to The Student Enrolment Officer, together with the following documentation, listed below at the commencement of Term 3:
- Proof of Birth: Birth Certificate, Passport and proof of guardianship
- Proof of Residency: utility account of residential address (Gas or Electricity), Lease Agreement
- School Entry Immunisation History Statement
- Any Court Orders
- Visa Documentation
- Previous School Report
Once your child’s enrolment has been confirmed you will be given an Enrolment Form which needs to be returned with documents requested on the Enrolment Form. The type of information that you will be asked to provide to the College includes:
- names and addresses of the child and parents, guardians and carers
- parents’ phone numbers (home, work, mobile) and email addresses
- names and contact details of emergency contacts
- doctor’s name and phone numbers.
- health and welfare information (for example, does your child have asthma, diabetes, allergies, poor eyesight or hearing, specific custody arrangements)
- information about the language/s your child speaks and hears (to help the school build on your child’s knowledge).
If your family moves into Caroline Springs, please contact the College on 7379 1555 or email Brookside.email@example.com to confirm if you reside within the designated neighbourhood area for Brookside College.
Brookside College is accepting enrolments for Prep 2022 from March 22, 2021. Children must be 5 years of age or older by 30 April of the year they start school. Please contact The Student Enrolment Officer on 7379 1555 to verify if you are residing within the Brookside College zone, alternatively, you can email the college on firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be Q&A sessions for prospective Prep families this term. These sessions will provide opportunities to find out information about our school and to ask questions.
The Q&A sessions are scheduled for:
- Thursday August 26 at 1:45pm-2:15pm
- Thursday August 26 at 6:00pm-6:30pm
- Thursday September 2 at 1:45pm-2:15pm
- Thursday September 2 at 6:00pm-6:30pm
If you are interested in registering for a Q&A session, please click on this link. Please note these session will be conducted via zoom, if interested you only need to register for one session.
At Brookside College we use digital technologies to ensure our learners are future ready. In 2021, Year 7 students and new Year 8 & 9 students will have the opportunity to participate in a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program. Students will need to demonstrate commitment to being a responsible learner. This means meeting attendance and punctuality standards and using the device in strict accordance with the College’s ICT Acceptable Use Policy. The BYOD program provides an opportunity for our students to enter a new world of curriculum possibilities, allowing engagement and involvement in their learning.
Please note due to current COVID19 restrictions and guidelines, College Tours will be postponed until further notice. Please continue to access this website for further updates.
We are now offering school tours for prospective families who are interested in enrolling their child/children at Brookside College.
School tours will be offered on a Friday morning from 9:30am-10:00am on the following dates:
- Friday August 6
- Friday August 20
- Friday September 3
If you are interested in attending a school tour, please complete our online registration form by clicking on this link.
Once you have registered for a tour, you will receive a courtesy email just prior to your chosen school tour date.
This year we will be using an online only ordering system for Book Packs for 2021 with our stationery supplier Paperchase Office National.
There will be NO collection day at the school. Prep, Year 1 and Year 2 packs will be delivered to the classroom. Year 3 – Year 9 will be delivered free of charge to your nominated address before the start of Term 1 2021 if placed before December 13, 2020.
Please place you order online no later than December 13, 2020 to guarantee your order is delivered prior to the start of Term 1.
Orders placed after December 13, 2020 will incur a $10 packaging and handling charge and are not guaranteed to be delivered before school starts.
Online Ordering Procedure
1. Go to http://booklist.paperchase.com.au
2. Enter the correct school access code depending on year level for 2021:
• Prep, Year 1, Year 2 (delivered to class) – BTSBROOKP2
• Years 3 – 9 (home delivered)- BTSBROOK39
3. Click ‘Create Order’,
4. Enter students first and last name, choose year level for 2021 from the drop-down list and follow the prompts to place your order.
Please check your E-mail for order confirmation and receipt. If you do not receive email
confirmation, please contact Paperchase directly to confirm your order was placed correctly.
PLEASE NOTE: All packs must be pre-paid. Payment must be made during the online ordering process, by Visa or Mastercard (credit card or debit card accepted). zjp·z1p Pay also available*
Payment will be processed at time of ordering.
If you elect not to purchase the booklist through Paperchase please ensure children come to school on the first day with the required materials.
* · zjp·lnterest free, nothing to pay upfront, flexible repayments. You will need an active Zip account. Conditions apply: